We provide taxation law services to individuals and corporations, including transactional and day-to-day tax advice, tax planning and tax litigation services.
Our full range of taxation legal services offered include:
- tax advice to owner-managers of private, closely-held companies in a variety of tax matters including business succession planning, estate freezes, income splitting, the use of family trusts, and capital gains exemption planning
- making disclosures of unreported income or unfiled tax return under the CRA’s Voluntary Disclosures Program to avoid potential penalties and/or criminal prosecutions
- representing clients in income tax and GST appeals through Notices of Objection, Fairness Applications and Notices of Appeal to the Tax Court of Canada in matters involving personal and corporate taxation
- advising on tax issues and planning techniques to be considered with respect to securities law, corporate law, and litigation matters
- advising small to medium size corporations with respect to tax-effective reorganizations, share and asset sales, and corporate structuring, including the preparation of tax-efficient estate plans for owner-managers of businesses and their families, including Wills and corporate succession planning
- consideration of international tax consequences to Canadian and international corporations and individuals, including U.S. corporations wishing to expand operations to Canada