LAWYERS / ALLAN HOLME
Allan graduated in 1994 from the University of Alberta’s Law School and has practiced in Calgary since being admitted to the bar in 1995. His practice is largely focused on secured financing transactions for both private and institutional lenders and borrowers in the real estate and natural resource industries. Allan also provides assistance to clients in setting up and re-organizing their business structures, in the buying and selling of their businesses and assets and in the negotiation of their commercial leases and other contracts. Allan further specializes in assisting medical and other health professionals with setting up their business structures and negotiating their compensation and partnership arrangements with partners and governmental agencies. Some of Allan’s representative work includes:
- Financing the acquisition and development of underground gas storage facilities in Saskatchewan held under freehold and crown leasehold rights
- Financing the acquisition and development of an oilfield water injection and storage facility
- Financing the acquisition of a fleet of 55 rental RV units
- Represented a client in re-negotiating and documenting syndicated credit facility arrangements for $115M for both Canadian and U.S. operations
- Represented a client in putting in place credit facility arrangements for $85M for its Canadian and U.S. operations
- Assisted a client in re-negotiating credit facilities that were backed by mortgages totalling $68M on Alberta and B.C. properties
Allan is former president of the Canadian Bar Association’s Southern Alberta Business Section. In the past he has lectured on business law topics for the Legal Education Society of Alberta’s bar admission course and presented a paper on commercial lending at the International Council of Shopping Centres’ 2007 Law Conference in Toronto.
More recently, Allan has become a regular guest lecturer at the University of Calgary’s Law School to deliver lectures in Secured Transactions.
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
Member, Canadian Energy Law Foundation
Member, Calgary Bar Association
Member, Canadian Bar Association
1994 University of Alberta (LL.B.)